With over a decade as a breast clinical nurse specialist, following both inpatient and radiotherapy oncology care, I have a knowledgeable and empathetic approach to those living with and beyond cancer. With this grounding I feel well positioned to offer clinical hypnotherapy to support you in your chosen
treatment plan and beyond. I'm also able to provide additional CBT support for menopausal symptoms, fatigue and insomnia either alone or in addition to hypnotherapy. Using this safe, non medical, complementary approach, we can collaborate to understand your concerns and reach your goals including-
- self confidence and finding your new normal
- menopausal symptoms
- pain management
- fears and phobias such as needle phobia or claustrophobia and scanxiety
- dealing with stress, anxiety to restore feelings of control
I have used clinical hypnotherapy as a resource for countless oncology patients, and carers as a way of building resilience, transforming confidence and learning an effective self soothing technique for relaxation.
Additionally I'm able to support you with bespoke yoga sessions. With an in depth awareness of the surgical and medical implications of treatment, I can tailor a session or package to help you return to practice in the privacy of your home, or explore yoga for the first time. I offer chair yoga, hatha and restorative styles to soothe the nervous system, and build of maintain strength and flexibility. My classes are gentle and supportive and have been described as deeply nurturing, like a spa for the mind and body, and like a big hug.
It is also possible to combine yoga and hypnotherapy in a one hour session. If this is something that interests you, just get in touch and we can discuss how this might be of benefit for you.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Post Graduate Certificate in Breast Cancer-Royal Marsden
- Published co-author of the ABC of Breast Cancer by Palmieri et al.
- Menopause, the foundations, British Menopause Society
- CBT for Menopausal Symptoms, British Menopause Society
- Diploma of Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma
- Hypnotherapy for the MacMillan centre at the Harley
Street Clinic 2018-2020
- Loss and bereavement for therapists
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga for Cancer
- Restorative Yoga
- Online yoga classes for The Light Centre London
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing
- Yoga Alliance
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis
- National Council of Hypnotherapy