I am a Lymphoedema Nurse Consultant with a background in cancer and community nursing. I know that developing lymphoedema after cancer treatment can be worrying for a person and their family. Understanding the condition and how it can be effectively managed is important as someone recovers from cancer,
and lives well after cancer treatment.
I focus on providing individualised self-care support for people with lymphoedema after cancer treatment, including swelling of the limb, breast, torso, head and neck, and genital area. I offer a range of options, based on the needs of the person. This includes a one hour assessment of lymphoedema or lymphoedema risk, advice on minimising the risk of lymphoedema, self-management of lymphoedema symptoms such as care of the skin, movement, exercise, self-massage, use of compression garments, and kinesiotaping. I also offer 40 minute follow up sessions and I can signpost individuals to NHS and other services as required. I offer a friendly and tailored approach.
I also offer support to those with non-cancer related oedema, during a virtual|20 appointment I can advise on how to best manage your condition, including appropriate skin care, exercises and limb positioning. If appropriate, we can proceed to in-depth sessions.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- 2017 Tripudio Movement Systems Instructor
- 2012 Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP
- 2011 PhD in Nursing
- 2005 Diploma in Casley Smith MLD
- 1995 Diploma in Vodder Manual Lymphatic drainage/lymphoedema therapy
- 1993 MSc in Nursing
- 1989 Diploma in Nurse Education (University of London)
- 1985 Diploma in District Nursing
- 1984 Certificate in Cancer Nursing
- 1980 Registered Nurse (Adult)