Margarita Chacin is a psychologist, Doctor in Psychotherapy and Master’s in Health and Clinical Psychology and registered with the HCPC. She holds a Chartered Status with the British Psychological Society. Margarita believes therapy should be a journey of self-discovery and not just a treatment of disorders.
She offers an integrative model including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Exposure Therapy and Grief Therapy.
She believes strongly that psychological interventions can make a significant and meaningful difference to the quality of people’s lives, whether they are struggling with mental health difficulties or have just become stuck and want to find new ways to move forward in their personal lives, relationships or work.
She has over 15 years of experience working with children and adults in Hospital settings, including NHS and Private practice. She is an international speaker and has been invited to more than 30 international conferences. She speaks fluent English and Spanish.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Professional Studies. Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University.
- Diploma in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy applied to Health. Venezuelan Society of Health Psychology.
- Master in a Clinical and Health Psychology. Higher Institute of Psychology Studies. ISEP formation. 2009
- Psychoneuroimmunology or how to take possession of the Immune System. 2008
- Advanced Course in psycho-oncology and Palliative Care. Organization Metas. 2006.
- Psychologist. Universidad Rafael Urdaneta. 2007
- Health and Care Professional Council PYL34185
- British Psychological Society 335668