I'm an advanced specialist oncology dietitian with many years of experience in dietetics, nutritional treatment and assessment. I have a special interest and strong background in providing support for people struggling with gastrointestinal side effects from cancer treatments, as well as over 20 years
of experience with chronic gastroenterological conditions such as IBS, post surgery nutritional rehabilitation and pancreatic disorders. I also have experience supporting people with neuroendocrine cancer, bile acid maldigestion and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).
I work with clients throughout the cancer pathway from optimising fitness prior to treatment (prehabilitation), during treatment support, rehabilitation following treatment and nutrition in the palliative care setting.
The breath of my experience means I can support any cancer and at any stage what ever your goals are. I work with you and if needed your extended team/support network to set a plan to support your goals.
Alongside my dietetics I can also support healthier lifestyle goals using my personal training and dietetics combined if requested.
Services I Offer:
- Pre-treatment plan, a thorough nutritional assessment and dietary plan to help you prepare for upcoming treatment.
- Nutritional support during treatment, advice to help you manage the impact of chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery on your diet and digestion.
- Recovery plan, a thorough nutritional assessment and dietary plan to help you recover effectively from treatment and manage any long-term consequences you may still be experiencing.
- Weight loss programme, a programme to help reduce body weight, recover effectively from treatment and lower the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight gain programme, a high protein, high energy dietary plan and approach for managing any side-effects which may be impacting your appetite and intake.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Clinical and Public Health Nutrition
- MSc module in The Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Consequences of Cancer Treatment
- PGDip (Diet) Dietetics
- BSc (Hons) in Physiological Sciences
- Personal Trainer level 3 (CIMSPA)
- Trained to use the Low FODMAP diet by Monash University
- Health and Care Professions Council - registration number DT07523
- British Dietetics Association (BDA)
- BDA Oncology and Gastrointestinal Specialist Groups
- CIMSPA (Personal Training & Coaching)