Hi - my name is Hannah! I am a specialist oncology and palliative care physiotherapist, with fire in my belly to keep people physically and mentally strong through cancer.
I work with people at all stages of their cancer care (before, during and after treatment) and those managing a palliative diagnosis.
I have extensive experience working in a variety of hospital and hospice settings, empowering people to manage the physical side effects of cancer and live their life fully.
I previously worked with rugby and football teams, including Chelsea FC. For this reason, I am particularly passionate about supporting active individuals through their cancer treatment to return to the activities they love.
I am fully committed to those under my care; my clients needs and goals are at the heart of all I do.
My special interests are palliative care, pre and post-operative recovery, exercise coaching/prescription and symptom management (fatigue/breathlessness/pain).
Services I offer;
- Cancer/Treatment related fatigue management programme
- Exercise programme and advice
- Post-operative care management
- Treatment related aches and pains
- Breathlessness management
- General musculoskeletal
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- BSc(Hons) in Physiotherapy from Cardiff University.
- MSc in Cancer Care (ongoing).
- Clinical Specialist Experience in Oncology and Palliative Care for over 7 years.
- Trained in Restore Oncology Scar Therapy
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing
- Trained in Stoma rehabilitation
- Trained in Prevention of Shoulder Problems
- I hold volunteer roles for cancer charities
- Guest lecturer at St George's and Kingston University.
- Published work in professional textbooks, apps and health magazines.
- Presenting at international events, on podcasts and social media.
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Member of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Committee Member (Membership Secretary) of Association of Chartered Physiotherapy in Oncology and Palliative Care (ACPOPC).
- Member of Physiotherapists in Exercise Oncology Network.
- Member of the Physios Online collective.