I work with patients and their families to provide evidence-based nutritional advice and guidance before, during and after treatment.
I can help you understand the science behind hot topics when it comes to cancer and the diet (e.g., sugar, dairy, meat etc), and work with you to optimise your nutritional
status, as well as help manage any treatment side effects, issues relating to weight loss/gain, and any nutritional concerns.
Did you know that 70% of our immune cells are within our gut? I provide detailed gut-health optimisation advice to support your whole body, which I can do whilst taking into account any dietary intolerances or existing IBS.
I have a passion for supporting those experiencing malabsorption and requiring pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy, which is all too often under-prescribed leaving patients at risk of nutritional deficiency and weight loss.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Services I Offer:
- Pre-treatment plan, a thorough nutritional assessment and dietary plan to help you prepare for upcoming treatment.
- Nutritional support during treatment, advice to help you manage the impact of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery on your diet and digestion.
- Recovery plan, a thorough nutritional assessment and dietary plan to help you recover effectively from treatment and manage any long-term consequences you may still be experiencing.
- Weight loss advice to help reduce body weight, recover effectively from treatment and lower the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight gain advice, a high protein, high energy dietary plan and approach for managing any side-effects which may be impacting your appetite and intake.
- Gut health optimisation advice.
- Support managing constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, reflux and IBS.
- Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy management & support
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with a wide range of clinical conditions alongside cancer such as diabetes, heart disease, and gastrointestinal disorders (i.e. IBS)
- Gut health specialist experience - FODMAP trained
- A specialist interest in malabsorption associated with pancreatic and gastrointestinal disturbances as a result of cancer treatments, and experience in the nutritional management of Pancreatic and Upper Gastro-intestinal Cancers and digestive enzyme therapy.
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics
- Certified Chartered Accountant (previous life pre dietetics!)
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- BDA Oncology Specialist Group
- BDA Gastroenterology Specialist Group
- BDA Maternal and Fertility Nutrition specialist group