I have worked as a Gynae oncology CNS for the past 13 years.
I work with woman and their families, providing evidence based information, guidance and support from diagnosis, throughout all aspects of cancer care, including end of life/palliative care.
I have a keen interest in the field of oncology/treatment
induced menopause. This is an area I feel is often overlooked, yet it can have a huge impact on one's life after their intensive treatment is complete. I am able to work with woman and look at ways in which we may be able to minimise their symptoms without compromising their cancer care
Education, Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor of nursing degree.
Post graduate certificates from the Royal Marsden Hospital/St George's University in:
- Gynae oncology nursing
- Radiotherapy nursing
- Lymphodema nursing and management.
- Meonopause - The Foundations, course
- Beyond Cancer - Living with induced menopause course
I have over 20 years of oncology nursing experience. During this time I have worked in most area's of oncology treatment, including radiotherapy, chemotherapy administration, oncology surgery, stem cell transplant/haematology.
For the past 13 years I have specialised in women's health as a CNS.
- Member of the United Kingdom oncology Nursing society (UKONS)
- Member of the British Fertility Society
- Member of the British menopause society
- British Gynaecological cancer Society (BGCS)
- Royal college of coursing. (RCN)
- Nursing and midwifery council. (NMC)