I deliver evidence-based Physiotherapy in order to support your specific physical and functional needs.
I offer treatment and support with common side effects such as pain, joint stiffness, scar and muscular restrictions, breathing pattern disorders, Cording, Lymphoedema, Neuropathy, Fatigue, post-Chemotherapy
vein mobility, day to day tasks, fitness and return to work rehabilitation.
I am committed to providing a holistic support package to enable you to be physically well before, during and beyond Cancer treatment.
I have extensive highly specialist clinical experience in Breast Cancer.
Services I offer;
- Cancer/Treatment related fatigue management programme: A thorough assessment of your daily routine and fatigue levels to formulate a practical plan to pace and manage daily activities.
- Exercise programme and advice: An exercise programme based on your current level of activity, exercise goals and treatment regime. You will be advised on what exercise to do, when to do it and at what intensity, therefore minimising treatment related side effects and maximising your function before, during and after treatment.
- Post-operative care management: Initial assessment to address soft tissue and scar tightness (including cording), range of movement limitations and progression of exercise to return to exercise/function following an operation.
- Treatment related aches and pains: A comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation programme to address the effects of your treatment on your muscles and joints which may present as weakness, pain, tightness, stiffness, pins and needles/numbness (peripheral neuropathy).
- Breathlessness management: A gentle, structured session to address any shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced following diagnosis and/or treatment.
- General musculoskeletal: A comprehensive assessment and rehabilitation programme if you have experienced a loss of strength, deconditioning or a specific musculoskeletal problem.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Specialist Experience in Oncology and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy spanning 16 years in both NHS and Private Sectors.
- London Cancer Alliance, British Association of Day Surgery & University of East London lecturer
- Acupuncture, Breast Cancer, Shoulder & Upper quadrant Masters Post Graduate qualifications
- Pink Ribbon Programme Instructor
- Motivational Interviewing and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Osteoporosis and Menopausal physical symptom management and advice
- Breast Cancer Now & Wavewalkers Dragonboat volunteer, Facebook Live educator and literature reviewer
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Oncology & Palliative Care
- Health and Care Professionals Council
- Advanced Practice Physiotherapy Network
- Physiotherapists in Exercise Oncology Network