I have over 30 years experience in cancer related lymphoedema during which I have worked extensively with people who are worried about developing lymphoedema after treatment for cancer and with those who have developed swelling in a part of their body. I am keen to empower and motivate people to manage
their swelling in a way that is individual to them and that suits their lifestyle during all stages of their cancer journey. This may involve a number of approaches, all of which focus on control of this side effect of treatment for cancer.
I also offer support to those with non-cancer related oedema, during a virtual|20 appointment I can advise on how to best manage your condition, including appropriate skin care, exercises and limb positioning. If appropriate, we can proceed to in-depth sessions.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Registered nurse and independent nurse prescriber
- BSc in Health Studies
- MSc in Nursing
- 40 years experience of oncology in the NHS.
- Over 30 years experience as a Lymphoedema specialist
- Wide range of clinical skills in risk reduction and control of lymphoedema
- Author of 'Lymphoedema Management’ published 2007
- Portfolio of published papers in health related journals
- Wide experience of presenting at national and international conferences
- Wide experience in educating health care professionals about lymphoedema
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- British Lymphology Society (BLS)
- United Kingdom Oncology Nursing Society (UKONS)
- European Oncology Society (EONS)